Tuesday, August 4, 2015

the Lord is my Shepherd

Hey everyone! It's Ashley with my first August post at The Aviary, the Paper Wings Productions blog. I sure hope you're enjoying the projects the design team is putting out because I know we're having fun creating! Today I have a card using the Scriptures clear stamp set + the Howlin' For You cling stamp set. Just fyi, the Scriptures stamp set is easily one of my favorites by PWP. I love the sentiments and I love the font.
So the first thing I did was stamp my trees with Versamark ink and heat emboss the image with white embossing powder. Next I started using distress inks to blend the background. I used old paper and shabby shutters ink colors. When I got the background how I liked it, I grabbed a stencil.
I mixed Faber-Castell gel medium + Lindy's Stamp Gang mist to create a brown paste and then applied it over my stencil. I sped up the drying process by blasting it with my heating tool. Then I added splatters of the LSG mist onto the card.
Finally I stamped my sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and tied some twine around the card. Have you ever used mist with a gel medium?
can you see the detail and texture in the trees?
 Thanks for stopping by today! If you're looking for more ideas on how to use your stencils, check out this post by Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...