Monday, November 17, 2014

Mixed Media Monday - Vintage Cutie Canvas Art







Welcome back to The Aviary my stamping, inky friends!
Amanda here today, & I am so excited to be sharing a
gorgeously girly Mixed Media Monday with you all!



Isn't this Vintage Cutie Canvas Art just the sweetest?!!
(& it's super easy to re-create!)
Here's how......


I am a scrapbooker by heart, so naturally my canvas artworks usually start with some form of collage. I chose some newsprint ephemera paper that I had in my stash, and gave it a quick tear. 
I then got out my Tropical 4pk Gelatos and started colouring, blending and having a bit of fun!


As you can see, I had quite a bit of fun! 
I even splattered the watered down pink for extra dimension.


Once my canvas was dry, 
I got out my permanent black ink & those fabulous stamps from
 the Art Textures Cling Stamp Set and had some more fun! 
This stamp set is truly a staple *Must Have* for any stampers collection - it's just so versatile, and is perfect for all mixed media creations! 


Next, attach lace and then adhere that divine Vintage Cuties Clip Art image. 


Add pearl trim & start embellishing your canvas......


I added a few 'precious' vintage metals and paper blooms to create interest.


I also wanted to add to that 'fairy tale' feel so,
 I stamped a cute tiny crown, 
 & a fairy friends bird onto some scrap paper.
I then fussy cut them & attached to the canvas, as shown.
Such a sweet embellishment!


And there you have it! Told you it was super easy to recreate!

A really beautiful Mixed Media Monday!
Hope you liked this creation!

If you're new to using Gelatos, then you might like to see my 
Tutorial Tuesday post from last week here.

You might also like our new November Kit - full of awesome mixed media yumminess!!!

And finally, 
*Please don't forget to post your entry to our Monthly Challenge here*

Thanks for joining me today,
til next time,





5 comments:

  1. Very cute, love the colorful background you created Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is this, love all the pics and helpful instructions. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Amanda! I really enjoyed your blog post!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is really an adorable art work!! I will definitely use this idea to make a stunning photo frame for my sister. Well a few days ago I bought Aboriginal Art painting and everyone loved it. I am thinking to buy another one too.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...