Thursday, June 12, 2014

Themed Thursday - Birds

*****To join our June Challenge: Chipboard and/or Wood Veneers, CLICK HERE*****





Hi there peeps!

Carrie here with you today to show you a bird themed project that I made with our For the Birds Mixed Media kit.  I used the kit to embellish an Ideaology Mini Configurations Book.  The best part of the Configurations products is that you can move the little boxes around in any you want to.  I played with the layout for a while before deciding on this one.


For the flat side of the Configurations Book, I used the bird stencil and molding paste from the kit.  Here's a brief tutorial on how I did it.


I scribbled some Gelatos directly on the surface of the book box.


Then I blended them out using my fingers.


Next I mixed up a custom color of Light Molding Paste using my Gelato.


I scrapped off some of the Gelato and mixed it in the paste.



The paste had some chunks of Gelato in it, but I decided I liked it and left it chunky.  I then spread the paste over the stencil carefully filling in the spaces without squishing excess under the stencil.


Carefully remove the stencil and wash off the stencil and palette knife immediately.  Let it dry for about 30 minutes.  While I was waiting on it to dry, I worked on the boxes.


 I had fun combining the clip art, rub-ons and trinkets from the kit in all of the little boxes. I also used the new Bird Beauty stamp set.






I stamped the bird using the same technique I did for the blog hop last week.  You can find the tutorial for it here on my blog.


I like to finish off the Configurations pieces with tissue or washi tape.  I think it gives it a finished look and hides all of the seams.  I use extra glue with those tapes because I don't think they stick very well.  Well that's it folks, thanks for staying with me until the end, I know this was a long post!  Hope you enjoyed!  You can find links to all of the products I used below.  The kits are selling fast, get yours before they are gone!

Enjoy the flight!
Carrie



5 comments:

  1. Amazing project Carrie! I love all the birds. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project! I love the way you mixed all the different elements :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Carrie! I haven't done a configuration box yet, but you are inspiring me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly stunning creation, Carrie! I love how you designed your compartments & made them all so inviting to look at! Wanting that bird beauty stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Carrie! I just love the little black bird with the sun rays behind him!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...