Tuesday, April 8, 2014

You Are Special- Vellum Dragonfly Wing Tutorial

*****To join our April Challenge: GET INKY, CLICK HERE*****


Before we get to the tutorial, we want to announce the winner of the April Blog Hop:
I've already found 3 projects to add to my to-do list. Thanks :)

Jill contact Carrie at info@paperwingsproductions for instructions on how to claim your prize!  Thanks to everyone for hopping with us!  


Hello Everyone! It's Amber here sharing a three dimensional card I created with Paper Wings Productions Dragonfly Fairy Clear Stamp Set. I thought it would be fun to share this quick and easy vellum tutorial today for Tutorial Tuesday. This is a really fun tutorial, you can take any flat one dimensional image and turn it into a fun three dimensional image just by adding some vellum.


I started by stamping the Dragonfly Fairy in some Jet Black Staz-On Ink and then I colored her and the dragonfly with some markers that coordinated with the patterned paper I wanted to use.


I set my colored image aside and then stamped the dragonfly's wings onto a scrap piece of vellum paper in the same jet black Staz-On ink that I used for my first image. I only need the wings for the next part of the tutorial so that is why I didn't stamp the whole image.


After I had the wings stamped I cut them out and bent them a little with my fingers. You can see in the picture that the wings are not perfectly stamped, parts are darker while other parts are lightly stamped. Dragonfly wings are paper thin very delicate so I left it like this because I thought they looked more realistic.


After I had my wings cut out and slightly bent I added a small drop of glue to the center of the vellum wings and attached them to my original image. I let the glue dry for a few minutes and then I went back and bent them into place. You can bend them as much or as little as you want, this is what gives the dragonfly a three dimensional look.


Doesn't it look like real dragonfly wings? It's such a simple thing but it really does add a realistic look to the image. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today and Thanks for visiting! Don't forget we would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group, to Pinterest, or leave a comment with a link to your project. You can also check out our Facebook Page and You Tube Page for daily inspiration.
Supplies: Cardstock- White & Blue / Patterned Paper- Glitz Designs Carpi Diem Collection / Paper Wings Productions Clear Stamp Set- Dragonfly Fairy / Staz-On Ink Pad- Jet Black / CTMH Markers / Ranger Stickles- Crystal / Vellum / Sulky Thread- Black / Sewing Machine


6 comments:

  1. Your dragonfly looks so very real!! awesome technique, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Amber! I love the vellum wings. The color fade down the side of your card is fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these wings! I can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Amber! Your tutorial is great! I am going to give this a shot!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Amber! I love the way you added dimension to the wings :D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...