Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tutorial Tuesday - Packaging Tape Image Transfers


Hi Paper Wings Productions fans! Dana Tatar here today sharing a canvas album I created using some of my favorite techniques. I think that working with wet mediums and canvas is especially fun!


I drew inspiration from several of my favorite James Bond films when deciding on images and text for my pages. I used a fun image transfer technique to create transparent embellishments from the Paper Wings Productions Clip Art Sheets for my album pages that I'm excited to share with you!


To prepare the album pages, mist the canvas ATCs with water to moisten the surface of the canvas for maximum color absorption. Next, lightly mist the wet canvas ATCs with several colors of mist. Add colorful patterns to each ATC using stencils and paint. Embellish each stenciled design with dimensional paint and set aside to dry.


Cut images from the Clip Art Sheets. Place clip art images face down onto the sticky side of clear packaging tape. Press down firmly to seal.


Gently score the back of the clip art images with scissors and spray liberally with water. Let soak.


Gently rub the paper from the masking tape resulting in transparent images. Cut the images from the tape and stitch onto the canvas ATCs.


The transparent images allow the mist and paint on the background of the pages to shine through!



Use a label maker to print text for each ATC.


Tie the canvas ATCs together with a piece of Gypsy Hand Dyed Ribbon.



To cover the stitching I used to attach the clip art image transfers to the album, I stamped onto pieces of muslin with some of my favorite Background Stamps and glued them to the back of each canvas page with Liquid Stitch.

Thanks for stopping by today! We would love to see what you make with our Clip Art Sheets so add your projects to our Flickr Group or our Facebook page.


8 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is just amazing!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mini FULL of great techniques and ideas! Awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this Dana, great idea about using image transfer !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg!! this is fabulous technique! thank you so much Dana for sharing..the canvas album is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I love this, Dana! It's so fun, and I love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Dana!! Awesome technique!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Dana and wonderful tutorial!! Thanks so much for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...