Thursday, November 28, 2013

Vintage Cutie Cards


Happy Thanksgiving!! Hi!! Cathi here again!! As an American Expat here in Ireland, it is a school and work day, but we always commemorate the day with a little mini Thanksgiving meal!! Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful day!!!

I am here this week with a November Nesting Components Kit themed project, a set of two vintage cards, one of my favorite things to do with the gorgeous vintage images and papers we get in the kits!!


The November kit has tons of Prima Delight goodies! A 6x6 pad, buttons, some wood pieces...and gorgeous Prima doilies and flowers. I just had to use them and the adorable Vintage Cuties Clip Art Sheet images to make my project this week!! The stamp set included this month is the Leaf Border Clear Stamp Set, I used both stamps included for my cards, the solid one makes a fun pattern around my vintage girl in pink in the first card, and I repeated the open leaf border as a pattern for my second card. For my first card I layered a big Prima flower and doily and added in two gorgeous Prima Delight buttons. I tied twine around the card like the little girl has a bow around her hair. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for my stamping and my edge inking on this card.


My second card has the open leaf border stamping in Walnut Stain Distress Ink, again using a gorgeous piece of Prima Delight paper. I added a doily, another vintage cutie image a wooden frame and a button for this one. Simple but sweet.


Everything bar the twine came from the November Nesting Components Kit and I still have so much left from this kit, plus a gorgeous doily mask that I didn't get a chance to use here, look for it on a future layout project!!!

Don't forget to check out the stunning art piece that Norma made with the kit!


Dana made a beautiful layout with the kit:


This amazing kit sold out in record time, but be on the lookout soon for the December kit! Could it be that it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas???? I don't know? Can't wait to find out what beautiful things the December Nesting Component Kit will contain!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Cathi! I love the way you colored the background of each to make the images pop! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful inspiration. Love your beautiful cards. Always a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Cathi! I just love your vintage style, beautiful as always ;D

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...