Thursday, October 3, 2013

Love, Day of the Dead Style


Welcome to Themed Thursday, Norma here with you today!  Did you guys see the October Nesting Components kits?!  Yes, kit"s" as in more than one, lol!  This month Paper Wings is offering TWO kits for your enjoyment.  The main kit is Halloween themed and this month there is a mini kit too.  The mini kit is Day of the Dead themed, how cool is that?!  Here is the link to the kit release in case you missed it: Oct Nesting Components Release.  These kits are phenomenal, so you're definitely gonna wanna get yours right away!!  Okay so moving on to Themed Thursday, I have some Day of the Dead projects to share with you.


These are my first EVER ATCs and they were so fun to make.  I don't know why I waited so long to give ATCs a try!  Okay so I'm telling a love story with these three ATCs ;D


This is my couple together :D  To create this ATC, I started out by stamping the Circle Frame and then the strolling Skeleton couple.  I colored the inside of the frame with gelatos.  Then I placed a mask over the stamping and embossed the card with the new Fringe stamp.  The embossing powder I used is Lindy's Golden Pumpkin Blush.   After setting the embossing powder, I lightly sprayed some Dylusions ink in After Midnight.  Then I added a layer of clear Distress Crackle paint over the Circle Frame.  I used the spray of roses from the Dia De Los Muertos Hombre stamp set and the banner is from the Milagros set.


These two were really fun to make!!  I started by stamping both of the skeletons on an ATC.


With the cards side by side, I created a heart mask and outlined it with my pen.


Next I embossed around the heart with the Fringe stamp and Pumpkin Blush embossing powder.


I sprayed both cards with Dylusions After Midnight ink.


Then I pulled the mask off and I was ready to start coloring!!


I colored my Dia De Los Muertos Hombre with a combination of paints and Distress markers.


This beauty is from the the Dia De Los Muertos Mujer stamp set.  Well friends, I hope you've enjoyed my little Dia De Los Muertos love story.  Don't forget to check out the October Nesting Components kits!!  Thanks for joining me today & Have a Beautiful day!!!


5 comments:

  1. This ATC set is super fabulous Norma! I've been making ATCs for years and have never thought to make a set of three that fit together like this. Amazing job! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really love the way you did these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely wonderful! I love all the bright colors and the way all 3 fit together. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is there to say, Norma other than these are amazing ATCs and it is hard to believe your first! Wow! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...