Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ghoulish Greetings & A Chalk Moon Tutorial



Hello everyone! It's Amber here with this weeks Spotlight Sunday Post! Today I am featuring the Fall Add Ons Clear Stamp Set and I will also be sharing a fast and easy tutorial on how to create a colorful Halloween/Harvest moon.


I had lots of fun creating this card, I just love the sentiments and these two little ghost that come along with the Fall Add Ons clear stamp set.  See the colored moon behind the two little ghost...this is what I will be showing you how to create today. Below are the four steps I used to create the moon.

 Step 1.
Stamp your two ghost in black on a white piece of cardstock.  


Step 2.
Now that you have your two ghost images stamped, pull out a piece of  scrap cardstock that has a circle punched out of it and place it around your two images. Then on another scrap piece of white cardstock scribble the colored chalk pencil colors that you want to use for your moon next to each other. I used a little red, two different oranges, and a yellow color for my moon.


Step 3.
Take a sponge applicator and and start to blend the colors together. I start blending from the outside in starting with the darkest color on the outside, in this case I started with the red then blended the orange in and then added the yellow in the middle.


Step 4.
Keep blending the colors together until you are happy with it, the more color you add the darker it will be. After I have all my colors blended together I remove the punched cardstock and erase all the chalk from the ghosts.


 It really is as easy as that. There are all kinds of different ways you could go about this technique. You could use colored pencils, markers, or with a little masking you could even use a colored spray mist to create your moon. Below is a close up of the two little ghost and the colorful chalk moon I created with a few chalk colored pencils. Thanks for visiting!


Supplies: Cardstock- White & Black / Patterned Paper- Die Cuts With A View / Paper Wings Productions Clear Stamp Set- Fall Add Ons / CTMH Ink Pad- Black & White Daisy / Chalk Colored Pencils / Sulky Thread- Black & Orange

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Amber and I love that you shared your process :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made this card! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks good, love the soft colors effect this gives !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for the tips about coloring with chalk! I also love the white ink on the black cardstock. :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...