Thursday, September 20, 2012

Feature Friday - Color Inspiration - Yellow, Black and Grey

Hello Peeps! 
 
 
It's Friday and I'm happy to be here posting on the Aviary Blog.  Today I'm featuring a card I made based on a Color Inspiration.  There are many times when I'm working on a project and color or combinations of colors inspire my creations.  Here is just a sampling of inspiration I found on Pinterest (totally addicted!!) while looking around at the combo of  Yellow, Black and Grey.
 
 
resources:  Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3
 
 
I love these samples - simple, elegant, classic, flirty and fun!  That is the same idea I was trying to achieve with this card. 
 
 
 



Yellow base with a dry embossed swiss dot. Black damask on grey cardstock. Butterfly heat embossed with Egyptian Gold on book text and accented with black gemstones.  Simple black satin ribbon tied in a knot with a little Hello.  Who wouldn't love to get this in their mailbox?
 
 
I love this color combo and I hope you do too.  Maybe it will inspire your next project.  We'd love to see your creations and hope you will share them in our flickr group.
 
 
We hope you have a great weekend, and if you are in our neck of the woods, we would love to see you at the CKC - San Marcos
 
 
Take Flight!
 
Julie 
 
 
Supplies:
Stamps - Backgrounds, Vintage Technology and Wings
Ink -    Versamark and Memento ink by Tsukineko
Paper - Card Base (Amuse), Grey (Stampin' Up!), Dictionary
Tools - Heat Tool, Cuttlebug with swiss dot embossing folder, Egyptian Gold embossing powder
Other - satin ribbon, mini tag and gemstones from my stash


1 comment:

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...